Bridge work is something that many of us have probably done somewhere along the way to strengthen our core. However, bridge work is only effective for the if done properly.
Here are a few tips for doing bridge work properly:
- Engage the bottoms of your feet. Your heel and ball of the foot should press into the floor and your arches should lift.
- Gentle press your shoulders down into the floor and keep the neck long.
- Draw your lower belly down slightly before you lift.
- As you lift your hip, try not to clutch your butt muscles. The glutes will be engaged to some degree but bridge work is not a glute exercise, it is a core exercise.
- As you move into different levels of difficulty, keep the shoulders relaxed, keep the glutes soft and keep the pelvis aligned.
Now lets get started on reclaiming our core with these exercises.
P.S. My diastasis friends, these are perfect exercises for you!